The YMF-3000 DOM Trooper is a limited-production high-speed ground combat combat mobile suit developed by ZAFT as a possible replacement for the aging TMF/A-802 BuCUE and TFA-4DE GaZuOOT. Notable pilots of the DOM Trooper include Yzak Joule and Heine Westenfluss. DOM Troopers are also piloted by ZAFT deserters and Clyne Faction members Hilda Harken, Mars Simeon and Herbert Von Reinhard.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Developed based on the ZGMF-1000 ZAKU Warrior as part of the New Millenium Project, the DOM Trooper shares numerous internal components with its predecessor despite its drastically different appearance. Unlike the ZGMF-2000 GOUF Ignited, the DOM Trooper retains the ZAKU's ability to use optional Wizard Packs to further increase its combat capabilities.
The DOM Trooper is equipped with a vast array of thrusters, including a set of thrusters in its legs and rear waist that allow it to hover over the ground, moving with a speed slightly higher than that of the BuCUE and with significantly higher maneuverability. Additionally, the DOM Trooper has significantly thicker armor than its predecessors - armor that is at least on par with the much slower GaZuOOT. This heavy armor grants it excellent defensive capabilities, which are further augmented by the addition of a pair of beam shields - the first production-line New Millennium series machine to equip this technology. All of this combines to make the DOM Trooper a devastating opponent, superior to any production-model mobile suit to date.
Armaments (Base Configuration)
- MA-M848D High-output Long Beam Saber
- The DOM Trooper's only default close-quarters weapon, a long-handled, high-output beam saber, with a slightly longer and more powerful blade than most other weapons of its type.
- MMI-GAU25A 20mm CIWS x2
- A pair of rapid-fire, shell-firing guns mounted in the DOM Trooper's torso, primarily for use against missiles and light aircraft.
- JPS36X Giga-Launcher DR1 Multiplex
- The DOM Trooper's primary ranged weapon, this compact, powerful weapon combines a 500mm bazooka with a 60mm beam rifle..
- G14X3IZ "Screaming Nimbus" Scattering Beam Gun
- This experimental beam weapon does not fire a single, cohesive beam the way most beam weapons do. Instead, it fires a widely scattered shot, similar to a shotgun blast. The end result is that while it lacks the range and penetrating power of a conventional beam rifle, it causes much more widespread damage, and at close range is still sufficient to cause crippling damage to most mass-produced mobile suits.
- MA-MR/G7 "Falx" Long Beam Axe
- This long-shafted beam weapon has a considerably greater range than most beam sabers, and can be optionally equipped by the DOM Trooper. Originally developed for the ZAKU Warrior, the long beam axe has a twin-headed design with a beam blade on both sides.
Armaments (YMF-3000/M Blaze DOM)
- 20-tube multi-shot missile launcher x2
- The Blaze Wizard mounts a pair of large-capacity launchers for AGM138 "Firebee" anti-MS missiles on its back
Armaments (YMF-3000/A1 Gunner DOM)
- M1500 "Orthros" high-energy long-range plasma beam cannon
- The Gunner Wizard's main weapon - a powerful, long-range anti-ship beam weapon, though it is also of some effectiveness against mobile suits. When in use the cannon is slung under the right arm, with the left stabilizing it. When not in use the cannons is folded and stored on the Gunner Wizard pack. Because of the intense power requirements of the "Orthros", the Gunner Wizard pack comes with its own battery, mounted underneath the missile launcher.
- 20-tube multi-shot missile launcher
- The Gunner Wizard mounts a single launcher, identical to the two launchers mounted to the Blaze Wizard Pack
Armaments (YMF-3000/K2 Tempest DOM)
- MMI-M826 "Hydra" Gatling beam cannon
- Mounted to the Tempest Wizard are two MMI-M826 "Hydra" Gatling beam cannons. These weapons possess a very high rate of fire, though the power of each individual shot is somewhat decreased. Nonetheless, they are highly effective anti-MS weapons, easily capable of shredding the armor of most mobile suits.
- MF-101C mobile escape pod
- Like the ZAKU Warrior, the GOUF Ignited's cockpit block is built inside an armored escape pod loosely similar to that of the ZGMF-X56S Impulse Gundam
- MX2200 "Solidus Fulgor" Beam Shield Generator x2
- A defensive system derived from the same underlying technology as beam sabers. A small generator on the back of each of the DOM Trooper's forearms creates a powerful, rectangular-shaped beam shield capable of deflecting most attacks. The shield it generates is sufficiently powerful to block the weapons of nearly any mobile suit or mobile armor.
- The base form of the DOM Trooper is based on the MS-09 Dom, from Mobile Suit Gundam, and some of its characteristics are inspired by later machines in the same lineage, such as the Pezun Dwadge or Dreissen.
- DOM stands for Dauntless Obliterator Mobile